FlyBuys Rewards Program Terms and Conditions
This agreement sets out the terms and conditions that govern the FlyBuys™ Rewards Program (the "Program"). By participating in the Program, you agree to adhere to the Program rules set forth below (the "Rules"). You are responsible for reading these Rules in order to understand your rights, responsibilities and status under the Program. For full details and answers to questions about the Program, please visit the Program website at flybuysrewards.com or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Membership in the Program is available to individual pilots, schedulers, dispatchers, flight crews, individual aviation customers of World Fuel Corporation's ("WFS") participating subsidiaries and affiliates (each an "Individual Member"), corporate flight departments, corporate flight departments that are aviation customers of World Fuel Services Corporation's participating subsidiaries and Affiliates and their respective personnel ("Flight Department Members" collectively with Individual Members, the "Members"). It is solely the responsibility of Participating Members to comply with their individual corporate or company reward program participation policies. As discussed in more detail below, government-owned or controlled companies and their employees are excluded from being Members.
- To enroll in the Program go to flybuysrewards.com and click on the Enroll tab. Other opportunities for enrollment may also be available through fixed based operators and Merchants who have signed up to participate in the Program (each a "Participating FBO" or "Participating Merchant").
- There is no cost for membership in the Program.
- Individual Members must enroll separately using a unique email address, if available. Each individual Member may have only one (1) account, and must provide his or her first name, last name, address, and unique email address, if available, upon registration. Members may also be required to provide other information for the purpose of insuring secure access to their membership account. Members maintaining individual accounts acknowledge that they are responsible for notifying their employer of their participation in the Program and the options available to their employer.
- Flight Department Members and their personnel may, but are not required to, enroll as part of one single linked account using multiple cards issued with the same account number. Each Flight Department must provide an email address. Flight Department Members and their personnel may also be required to provide other information for the purpose of insuring secure access to their membership account. Each Department Member is responsible for administering the use of the Member Number and are solely responsible for management of the redemption of awards on the account including designating which employees are responsible for handling redemptions on the account.
- A Member includes any participant of the Program unless he/she is:
- a government employee, official, or anyone acting on behalf of a government agency or department buying on behalf of his/her employing entity;
- an employee, or someone acting on behalf of a state-owned or state-controlled entity ("SOE") buying on behalf of his/her employing entity;
- an intermediary buying on behalf of any government entity (U.S. or non-U.S.) or SOE. In other words, government employees, officials, employees of SOEs and those acting on behalf of government agencies, departments and SOEs buying on behalf of their employing entity, as well as third-party commercial intermediaries buying on behalf of a non-U.S. governmental entity or SOE are not considered Members and are not eligible to participate in Rewards.
- All Members with WFS accounts and charge cards, such as an AVCARD or an Alliance Card, must enroll at flybuysrewards.com and register their accounts and cards in order to be awarded Program points automatically.
- Members can change their address and other personal contact information by logging in to their Account at flybuysrewards.com or by emailing email@example.com.
ACCRUAL OF PROGRAM POINTS AND BENEFITS OF MEMBERSHIP
- Members of the Program accrue points (each a "Point") for every eligible gallon of fuel purchased from a Participating FBO and eligible AVCARD and BaseOps transactions.
- Merchant Points only apply to AVCARD and never link to fuel purchases.
- WFS will automatically award WFS aviation customers that are Members one (1) Point for each gallon of World Contract fuel purchased from a participating FBO and one (1) Point for every $10 spent at participating Merchants when using AVCARD. WFS aviation customers that are Members will also receive one/fifth (1/5) of a Point for each dollar spent on the Member's AVCARD at eligible locations. Eligible locations are determined at the sole discretion of WFS. Points can also be awarded by Participating FBOs and Merchants at the sole discretion of the Participating FBO or Merchant. Points are considered earned on the date the Member completes a fuel transaction and will be credited to a Member's account within 48 hours of a completed purchase. Points awarded are always processed in USD. WFS reserves the right to modify how points are awarded at any time.
- Members without WFS accounts are only eligible to receive Points awarded by Participating FBOs and Merchants at the sole discretion of the Participating FBO or Merchant. Points are considered earned on the date awarded by the Participating FBO and will be credited to a Member's account within 48 hours.
- Points can be redeemed for Retail Gift Cards available through GiftCertificates.com, Travel Certificates, Invoice Credit, Charitable Donations or other items identified online at time of redemption at www.FlyBuysRewards.com – at the sole discretion of WFS ("Awards").
- Individual Members may not pool or combine Points with other Members. Flight Department Members and their personnel may, but are not required to, pool Points as part of one single linked account using multiple cards issued with the same account number.
- If more than one Member registers the same WFS account, WFS will make a fair and equitable allocation, in its sole discretion, of any points earned by those FlyBuys Members.
- WFS reserves the right to refuse to award Points for fuel purchases by base tenants at their home FBO, for fuel purchased for commercial-type aircrafts, for fuel and services purchased by customers who have special pricing programs, or for fuel purchased by fractionals or aviation customers subject to Federal Aviation Regulation Part 91 Subpart K.
- Points will not be awarded on refunded or fraudulently obtained fuel purchase transactions. Points can only be accumulated on fuel purchased through World Fuel or Alliance contract fuel by the Member or through dollars spent on the Member's AVCARD charge card at eligible locations or as awarded by Participating FBOs. No Points will be awarded on purchases paid for by a non-member who uses a Member's ID card to swipe a transaction. WFS reserves the right to refuse to award Points for fuel purchases by base tenants at their home FBO, for fuel purchased for commercial-type aircraft, or for fuel purchased by fractionals (i.e., FAR Part 91 Subpart K).
- Points can only be accumulated throught dollars spent on the member's AVCARD charge card at eligible locations or awarded by Participating Merchants.
- In addition to Awards, WFS may from time to time offer "Bonus Point" awards or credits or promotional incentives for Members. Such offers are not a part of the program's formal award structure and may be temporary and are awarded solely at the discretion of WFS. WFS reserves the right to modify or eliminate such offers at any time. The offers are void where prohibited by law. Promotional offers, when available, may be found at flybuysrewards.com or through a Participating FBO or Merchant.
- Awards are transferable, but Program Points are not. Points cannot be purchased. Points and Awards may not be redeemed for cash. All tax consequences of Awards, if any, are the responsibility of the Member. For members receiving awards outside of the US: VAT taxes, if applicable, are paid by the reward fulfillment provider. Points are not the property of the Member and have no monetary value.
- Only WFS's records will be used to determine a Member's status including the number of Points held and Awards for which any Member is eligible. Members are responsible for ensuring that Points and Awards are properly credited. If a Member believes that Points or Awards have not been properly credited, they are required to submit documentation or other proof satisfactory to Program Headquarters ("Headquarters"), which may include copies of fuel transactions receipts. Any claim for un-credited Points must be received by Headquarters within six (6) months after the date any Qualifying Fuel Purchase was made, whether or not the Member received or viewed their monthly Program statement.
- Each Member will be responsible for remaining knowledgeable about his or her account information, accumulated Points, Award status, Award expiration and the Program Rules. Information regarding the status of a Member's account, number of Points for qualifying fuel purchases, and/or Awards issued will be communicated in monthly account statements and can also be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Monthly account statements will only be sent via email. Members who do not have an email address on record will not receive monthly account statements. It is the responsibility of each Member to monitor their Points.
- Once a Member has accumulated the required number of Points in the Program, the Member may choose to redeem Points for an Award online at flybuysrewards.com.
- While membership in the Program is not limited by country or region, some reward options may not be available in all countries/regions. Redemptions are always processed in USD.
- Points expire 24 months after the date they are earned. Points are earned on the date each qualifying fuel transaction is made.
- Retail Gift Cards redeemed at GiftCertificates.com expire according to the rules of the individual retail merchant. It is the responsibility of the Member to remain knowledgeable regarding card expiration dates once received.
- Lost or stolen gift cards or SuperCertificates, Travel Vouchers will not be reissued.
- Member accounts that have not had any Point or Award activity for four (4) years will be closed.
- If the amount due on any WFS account is not paid when due, Points accrued in the Program for the applicable transaction or fuel purchased may be forfeited.
- If for any reason WFS cancels any Member's account, any Points accrued in your FlyBuys™ Program account will be forfeited.
- If you voluntarily cancel enrollment in the Program or cancel your FlyBuys™ account all points accrued in the program account will be forfeited immediately.
LIMITATION OF REMEDIES
If WFS improperly denies a Member any Points, Awards, or some other benefit of the Program, the Member's exclusive remedy shall be the issuance of the improperly denied Points, Award, or such other alternative benefit as determined by WFS. Other than making such benefit available, WFS shall have no additional liability whatsoever to a Member or anyone claiming through a Member or on a Member's behalf. In no event shall WFS be liable to any Member or anyone claiming through a Member or on a Member's behalf for any direct, indirect, or consequential damages or lost revenue or profits, arising out of WFS's acts or omissions in connection with the Program.
- WFS may, among other things, (i) cancel, terminate, revoke, suspend or modify any Program Rules for Point levels, awards, countries/regions served, conditions of participation or any other terms and conditions including but not limited to the Program rules and all requirements for Awards with no notice and at any time or (ii) terminate the Program in its entirety with 60 days prior written notice to a Member. Therefore, under either circumstance, Members may not rely upon the continued availability of any Program feature.
- Fraud, misrepresentation, abuse or violation of applicable rules may result in administrative and/or legal action by appropriate governmental authorities and/or WFS. Such action may include, without limitation, the forfeiture of all Awards and any accumulated Points in a Member's account, as well as cancellation of the account and the Member's future participation in the Program. In addition, WFS reserves the right to take appropriate legal action to recover damages, including attorneys' fees, incurred in prosecuting any lawsuit.
- WFS reserves the right to audit any and all Member accounts at any time for compliance with the Program rules, without notice to the Member. In the event the audit reveals discrepancies or possible violations of the terms and conditions, the processing of Award redemption requests may be delayed pending completion of the audit.
- WFS shall attempt to advise active Members of various matters of interest through its website and/or through email, but WFS shall have no responsibility to do so.
- WFS shall have no liability for correspondence, mail, or email, which is lost, delayed, or misdirected.
- WFS shall not be liable for a lost or stolen password, email address, Awards or Membership account number.
- All Program rules may be modified from time to time, are subject to interpretation by WFS.
- Awards, Points and any special offers to Members are subject to applicable government regulations and are void where prohibited by law.
- Participation in the FlyBuys Rewards Program is void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.