Last Modified January 7, 2014
- On this Website.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website, including the credit application.
- In the Colt Online Flight Planning software
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Colt offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Colt or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
This Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information.
- "Business record" means letters, words, sounds, or numbers, or the equivalent of letters, words, sounds, or numbers, recorded in the operation of a business by: (i) handwriting; (ii) typewriting; (iii) printing; (iv) photostat; (v) photograph; (vi) magnetic impulse; (vii) mechanical or electronic recording; (viii) digitized optical image; or (ix) another form of data compilation.
- "Personal Identifying Information" means an individual's first name or initial and last name in combination with any one or more of the following items: (i) date of birth; (ii) social security number or other government-issued identification number; (iii) mother's maiden name; (iv) unique biometric data, including the individual's fingerprint, voice print, and retina or iris image; (v) unique electronic identification number, address, or routing code; (vi) telecommunication access device, including debit and credit card information; or (vii) financial institution account number or any other financial information.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
In addition to Personal Identifying Information, Colt may collect other information provided by you or the company you work for. Such information may include:
- Phone Number(s
- Login Name
- Colt's Credit Application. As part of Colt's credit application process Personal Identifying information may be voluntarily obtained from each applicant of Colt or, if applicable, an individual guarantor of the customer's account. Colt may also obtain information about a customer's or a guarantor's creditworthiness and credit history from consumer reporting agencies; such information may consist of Personal Identifying information. Colt may also collect background information from third-parties to verify representations made to Colt; such responsive information may consist of Personal Identifying information.
- Colt Website. If you are visiting the Website we collect the following information: the full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the Web page from which you came to the website; your Internet Protocol ("IP") address, which may include a domain name; the date and time for each page you view; the name of and information about any advertisement that brought you to the Website; searches you perform, links you click on; and computer and connection information such as browser type and version, operating system, and platform. Colt also transmits cookies to your computer so we can track the pages of our Website that you view and the order in which you view them. Any other information that you might submit to the Website, including Personal Identifying Information, may be collected and maintained by Colt.
- Communications with Colt. If you communicate with Colt, we may store copies of such communiqués (including email, phone call, or similar communications). This can result in the collection of Personal Identifying Information you may have disclosed in your communiqués.
- Services with Colt. When certain services are provided by Colt we must collect some Personal Identifying Information such as a person's name, date of birth and address. When we collect this kind of Personal Identifying Information, it is because you or the company which is using the Colt service voluntarily submits the information to us in order to participate in the services we provide or offer. Colt may also be required to collect other information such as aircraft type, departure date and hotel information ("Transactional Data"). While this Transactional Data relates to you, it is considered to be the customer's information, because it relates to the customer's business and financial affairs.
We also collect the following information through automated means:
- IP Address. IP addresses are numbers that are automatically assigned to your computer, and, if associated with other Personal Identifying Information, could be considered Personal Identifying Information. We use your IP address to operate the service, help diagnose problems with our server or systems, and to administer and improve the Website. Your IP address is also used to help identify you and to gather broad demographic information (for example, your region, city, postal zip code), some of which we aggregate and then share with our strategic alliance companies, potential strategic alliance companies, and other third-party organizations (collectively, "partner organizations"). We also use your IP address to keep track of the information you have entered, viewed, or used by means of the Website.
- Site Access, Browser Type, Operating System, Etc. We may also collect the name of the Internet service that provides you access to the Internet (e.g., Comcast, Verizon, AOL, or ATT), your browser type, operating system, the date and time you access the Website, and the Internet address of any web site from which you link directly to the Website, as well as collecting other information in a user's log file. A user's log file tells Colt where a user comes from when entering the Website, which part of the Website the user visits as well as where the user goes when leaving the Website, and how much time the user spends on the Website. We collect and use this information for operation and management of the Website and our services and for monitoring and improving their performance.
- Location-based Information. The Colt mobile access application will ask you for permission to obtain your location, which it may use to pre-populate forms and schedules. If you do not grant permission (or turn off this function), the application will not use your location data.
- Colt may use IP addresses to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our website. Your IP address also is used by Colt to gather broad demographic information, such as your general geographic location and Internet Service Provider. IP addresses are further used to help determine the number of Colt users. This demographic information may also be used by Colt to analyze aggregate Web usage behavior.
Colt may provide you with links to other web sites. We are not responsible for those sites and cannot control the use of information that you submit or that is gathered from your computer once you reach those sites, nor can we control the content of what is offered on those sites or on links from those sites. You should access such third-party web sites directly to determine their privacy policies.
How and when Personal Identifying Information is used
- Personal Identifying Information voluntarily provided by or on behalf of Colt's customers is used by Colt as part of our credit application process. This would include both the establishment of credit with Colt, and, if necessary, for use by Colt and its representatives in enforcing and/or collecting delinquent accounts.
- Personal Identifying Information may also be used by Colt as part of its providing goods and/or services to its customers and provided to governmental agencies as required or requested. Additionally the Personal Identifying Information may be used to respond to billing and/or other such questions related to such goods and services.
- If you gave Colt your email address, we may use it to send you Colt newsletters, product updates, service-related information, and other offers and information from Colt. Colt also may contact you by email to respond to your submissions and customer service inquiries. You may "opt out" to not receive promotional and marketing emails by responding to any such emails. Please note, however, that as long as you maintain an account, you may not "opt out" of receiving service or account-related emails from Colt.
- Colt may disclose any information we possess in response to subpoenas, court orders, or legal requirements, and such information might be used by the receiving party to determine your identity, your Web usage and online shopping behavior, or other things about you.
- Colt may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as technical support services. To perform those functions, it may be necessary for them to obtain access to Colt databases and servers, which may contain Personal Identifying Information.
- Colt may also employ attorneys, financial advisors, accountants and/or auditors who, in their performance of services on behalf of Colt might have access to Personal Identifying Information.
Use of Personal Identifying Information from third parties
We may use information about you provided by third parties (such as credit reporting agencies or strategic alliances) in order to offer services and products, to improve a service, or to evaluate a customer's or potential customer's eligibility for a service.
How Personal Identifying Information is protected
- Colt makes access to your Personal Identifying Information subject to certain reasonable security measures, including technological controls such as a "firewall", in accordance with industry standards. When the use of the Website or Colt services involves the Internet transmission of confidential information about you or Colt, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology to allow the transmission of encrypted information from your PC to our server and back again; use of SSL is the industry standard for Internet platform security. No data transmission over the Internet or data storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, so while Colt strives to protect your Personal Identifying Information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to or that is stored by Colt.
- All Personal Identifying Information received in the normal course of business is treated as Colt's Proprietary Information.
- All employees of Colt are required to sign Non-Disclosure Agreements that prevent their disclosure of such information. Effective with Non-Disclosure Agreements executed on or after October 1, 2005, Personal Identifying Information is specifically included within the definition of Colt's Proprietary Information.
- Colt attempts to physically secure "hard copies" of our Business Records containing Personal Identifying Information.
- Colt uses commercially reasonable computer security safeguards to protect our databases and servers against risks of loss, unauthorized access, destruction, misuse, modification, or inadvertent or improper disclosure of data. These risks, however, cannot be completely eliminated and Colt therefore cannot guarantee complete security.
- If you send Colt an email, you should know that email is not necessarily secure against interception. So, if your communication includes Personal Identifying Information you may prefer to contact us by postal mail or telephone rather than email.
How Personal Identifying Information is Disposed:
- Because most, if not all, of the information that we collect from pertains to the individual's role as a user for our customer, we retain the right to retain that data indefinitely until and unless the customer wishes to delete it, although we also have the right to erase it after a customer discontinues using our services. Colt adheres to all applicable laws regarding document retention and may not be able to delete records on request.
- When Colt disposes of a Business Record that contains Personal Identifying Information, Colt will modify the Personal Identifying Information by shredding, erasing, or other means, to make it unreadable or undecipherable. Colt may, but shall not be required to contract with a person engaged in the business of disposing of records for the modification of Personal Identifying Information.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
- You can view and change some of your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
- You may also contact Colt via the contact information at the bottom of this policy to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not be able to delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
- While some of the information we collect relates to you it may be considered the customer's information because it relates to the customer's business and financial affairs.
Social Media and Forums
Colt may choose to offer chat rooms, forums, message boards, and/or news groups directly on our Website or provide links to other websites that offer such social media items. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes publicly available information, and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose any personal information. Such information maybe used or shared by Colt in its sole discretion.
Safe Harbor Framework
Colt complies with the U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework and the U.S.-Swiss Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Colt has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, or to view Colt's certification, please visit http://export.gov/safeharbor.
Your California Privacy Rights
↑ Back to top
Colt International, LLC
300 Flint Ridge Road
Webster, Texas 77598-4315
Email address: email@example.com